FourthWall Media Careers
Return to Browse Position Listings
Test Automation Engineer
Join a fast-paced, world class team that has launched Emmy-nominated interactive TV applications and advanced advertising solutions to over 24 million homes and become a key contributor in a company developing technology that is revolutionizing the emerging interactive TV space.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with good background in quality assurance and automation testing. Any experience with ITV or embedded systems would be a plus. This position will be responsible for developing and running automated test scripts and reporting the results. It will involve running existing automation scipts as well as adding new tests and creating entirely new systems to test new products and features. This position will work closely with manual testers and with the engineering department. The candidate must be comfortable in a start-up company, exhilarated by the desire to create order from chaos, and motivated to help build value into the company.
- Run, maintain and report on existing automation test scripts.
- Propose and implement new automation systems.
- Develop test plans and test cases.
- Create defect reports that clearly identify issues discovered during testing.
- Work independently with minimum supervision to accomplish assigned tasks on schedule.
- Effectively communicate results of testing to engineering/management.
- Develop, implement, and monitor conformance to QA processes and procedures.
The necessary skills/experience of the Test Automation Engineer:
- Work effectively with peer engineering organizations, with a solutions oriented approach.
- Effective change agent and move quickly to adapt approaches as needed.
- Three to seven years of work experience in Test/QA Organization.
- Experience developing, running and reporting on test automation systems.
- Experience with Linux.
- One to two years of experience/knowledge in SQL.
- Hands on experience with configuring and setting up test environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills are a must.
- Experience with Java a plus.
- Experience with ITV or embedded systems a plus.
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering.