Are you interested in cross-platform media measurement? Do you love TV and want to see it thrive through better insights and big data technologies? Do you like applying the latest tools and methods to real-world problems to surface optimal solutions? FourthWall Media is seeking Data Analysts with natural curiosity and a penchant for precision to deliver analytics and data solutions to television programmers and advertisers.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the TV advertising and cable industries to identify meaningful insights and trends that impact media stakeholders. The primary responsibilities include analysis of TV viewing data, creation of related reports, and communication of results to FourthWall executives and customers. In addition, you will diagnose potential issues and collaborate across functional teams.
The Data Analyst role requires a robust understanding of big data analysis and excellent communication skills to convey complex topics simply and concisely. This position requires advanced experience working with large datasets, statistical models, data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau), and database programming tools (e.g., MySQL, VBA, Hive).
- Work on customer projects to deliver data solutions and identify products that satisfy market demand
- Validate new concepts and integrate them into the product development process
- Build custom solutions to satisfy customer-specific requirements
- Write advanced MySQL queries in Apache-Hive and MySQL workbench
- Design aesthetically pleasing, engaging, and efficient visualizations
- Participate in ongoing research and evaluation of new technologies
- Collaborate across the organization from Product Management, Software Engineering, to Operations to deliver timely, high-quality data services
- Provide critical business feedback and research to Engineering to continually improve the company’s television DMP
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related quantitative field
- Three+ years professional experience with complex business reporting, data mining, and visualization
- Excellent knowledge of statistics and experience with at least two of the following statistical tools (Excel, SPSS, MATLAB, R)
- Excellent data visualization skills in Tableau or similar software
- Advanced SQL expertise with an emphasis on performance and efficiency
- Familiar with VBA macros, Power Query, and Power Pivot in Microsoft applications
- Hadoop or other comparable MapReduce experience
- Ability to develop advanced solutions in PythonWork on customer projects to deliver data solutions and identify products that satisfy market demand
Do you want to build your personal brand with an industry-leading innovator that is always thinking outside the box? Does the box bore you? Do you want to leverage your analytic skills to tackle and solve difficult, seemingly impossible problems in a dynamic and growing industry? FourthWall Media is seeking junior to mid-level data analysts to expand its data analytics products and services.
This vital role works closely with data scientists and developers to discover insights within massive demographic, TV viewing, and advertising datasets and translate those insights into analytics products and business intelligence for FourthWall’s clients.
This non-traditional data analyst role requires inquisitiveness bound by pragmatism and cross-disciplinary skills to translate mathematical and statistical exploration into hands-on interaction with existing data systems. Perfectionism and attention to detail are required. Communication with co-workers, both to understand and to explain, is paramount.
- Exploration, analysis, modeling, mining, profiling and cleansing of large and interesting datasets
- Searching for key insights, trends, flaws, and value in the data
- Working with the data flow team to enhance quality and coverage
- Working with R&D to develop new analytics processes and prototypes
Education and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Self-motivating inquisitiveness, the ability to focus on complexity, and the tenacity to tackle seemingly impossible problems are required
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university with a preference in computer science, mathematics or statistics
- Experience with Python is required
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, SQL, Theano, Tensorflow, Keras, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, R and Mathematica are preferred
- xperience with television and/or advertising data ecosystems (DMPs, DSPs, media buying platforms, analytics platforms) is a plus
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a professional, technical workplace
To apply for a position please send your resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject field.